August 19, 2014
1) On August 21, 2014, Mike Rollins, WA9NCF, will be hosting the Hendricks Regional Health Hospital Simplex Net on 147.570 MHz. John Richardson, N9UYC, will be hosting the I-U West Hospital Net also on 147.570 MHz.. Both nets will start at 9:30am. This is a short net with the exchange of names, calls and signal strength readings of participants. This is an important exercise, so please try to arrange time to check in.
2) What would you do if a Disaster/Emergency happens in our County? Would you be prepared? Hendricks County ARES has proclaimed September as "PREPAREDNESS MONTH". Each Week in September ARES will put a segment about PREPAREDNESS in the News. This is to enlighten you as well as help you get more Prepared for a Disaster/Emergency. So check in each week in September and learn more on how to get more prepared.
3) The Tuesday Night ARES Simplex Nets will be starting up in September and will be going until April of next year. The month of December will be excluded due to the holidays. All Tuesday Night Ares Simplex Nets will start at 8pm, right after the Weekly Tuesday Night ARES scheduled Nets. Anyone willing to help out with these Nets should contact Ken Kayler, KC9SQD. Call him at 317-874-7068 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) On September 9, 2014 Bill Gouge, AA9EG, will host a Simplex Net on 146.430 MHz starting at 8pm, right after the scheduled Weekly Tuesday Night ARES Net. All Amateurs are encouraged to participate.
5) Attention all Hendricks County ARES Members. On September 15, 2014 the Hendricks County ARES Leadership will be hosting their "FIRST" Hendricks County ARES Membership Quarterly Meeting at the Hendricks County Government Center located at 355 South Washington Street in Danville. The meeting wail be in the large conference room. Mark your calendar for this meeting. If you are not an ARES Member and would like to become Involved in ARES and be a part of an active group, we, the ARES Leadership, invite you to attend. The meeting will start at 7:00pm.
6) The Plainfield Quaker Day Fall Festival 2014 will be Sept. 19th thru the 21st. Anyone wishing to help out with the 3 day event can contact Ron Burke, KB9DJA, at email@example.com for more information.
7) The annual Hancock County Amateur Radio Club's hamfest will be on Saturday September 20, 2014 from 8am to 1pm. The First Church Of God located at 700 N. Broadway St. in Greenfield will be the site of the hamfest. This year will be a Tailgate Hamfest and admission is free. The outside area is a paved parking lot. Indoor spaces will also be available. Setup will be any time after 6am. Some tables may be available on a first come first serve basis for inside use only. Bring your own table for outside use.
8) For a full list of upcoming Hamfests, click on the "2014 Hamfests" link at the left of this page. There you will find a full listing of upcoming hamfest, their locations and times for the year.
9) The S.E.T. (Simulated Emergency Test) for this year will be on October 18, 2014. A Warning Announcement on the 147.015 MHz repeater at 9:30am will request that listeners monitor the frequency for further information. The S.E.T. will begin at 10am. The emergency scenario will be announced at a later time. All Amateurs are encouraged to participate.
10) The 442.900 Repeater in Danville is back on the high antenna. However, we have decided to require a PL-Tone of 136.5 Hz in order to access the repeater. This is to be effective immediately. Although the 442.900 repeater is a RACES Repeater, it is open to general use whenever RACES is not using it. The 442.900 Repeater can be linked to the 147.165 repeater if necessary. So remember, you will need to use a 136.5 Hz tone to access the 442.900 repeater.
11) The Hendricks County Amateur Radio Community along with the Hendricks County Commissioners and the Hendricks County Sheriff's Department will hosting the 26th Annual Amateur Radio and Volunteers Award Night on November 19, 2014 at 7pm. At the Hendricks County Government Center located at 355 South Washington St. in Danville. The meeting will be held in the large conference room. If you would like to nominate for an award you can contact Ron Burke, KB9DJA, at firstname.lastname@example.org , Ken Kayler, KC9SQD, at email@example.com or Jay Wright KK9L at 317-203-3335. Please give a brief description of why you think your Nominee should receive an award. Please include your Nominee's name, call sign, phone number, and e-mail address when you submit your nomination. Ken Kayler, KC9SQD, along with the American Legion Post 118, will be Honoring our Silent Keys.
*NOTE* If anyone has a comment or would to add something to the ARES Net News. Please feel free to contact Ken Kayler at 317-874-7068 or e-mail him at kakayler64(at)hotmail.com.
Website Additions & Updates:
07/20/14 - Files added to DOCUMENTS Page:
Field Day 2014 Special Edition of The HAMER
FM-4-25-11 First Aid Manual
Technical Handbook of HF Monitoring
VoIP and Amateur Radio
- Weekly E-News updated (this page)
General Disaster Kit List added to Documents page
07/23/2014: Added ARRL QSO Party info to end of
E-Net News (above)
07/29/2014 - Weekly E-Net News updated (this page)
08/03/2014 - Corrected frequency for S.E.T.
08/05/2014 - Weekly E-Net News updated (this page),
added more to Documents page
08/-6/2014 - Updated 2014Hamfest List
08/09/2014 - Added Ham-er Special Weather Edition Vol 1 to Documents page
08/12/2014 - Weekly E-Net News updated (this page)
08/19/2014 - Weekly E-Net News updated (this page)
08/20/2014 - Added more to Documents page