Ron Burke, KB9DJA
Hendricks County ARES
ARRL Indiana Section
Central Indiana SkyWarn
Emergency Plan ( 2015 )
Items For Sale
HCARES on FaceBook
HC ARES Sign-up Info
HC ARES on Twitter
Hamfests for 2015 Ham'er Newsletter Hendricks County ARS
Hendricks County RACES
Items For Sale
Severe WX - NWS
FCC Pt 97 Radio Rules
FCC Data Lookup (ULS)
FEMA NIMS Courses
Tippecanoe Cnty ARES
Vigo County EmComm
KC9WRY 220 MHz Net
Ron Burke, KB9DJA, was nominated for the 2014 Technical Exelence Award given by the Indianapolis Radio Club Council (IRCC). Click HERE for details
Ron Burke, KB9DJA, IRCC Outstanding Amateur of the Year
award recipient for 2014. You can click HERE for a picture of the award presentation. Click HERE for a close-up image of the award. Congratulations Ron!!!
FIELD DAY 2015 is History !
Unlike last year, rain was not a problem for Field Day 2015......
The first day was very windy but the temperature was mild. Sky was mostly overcast with periods of clear blue. Day two lost the wind and the sky was clear. Temperature was around the 70 degree mark. All in all, the event had pretty nice weather.
General attendance was slightly better than last year. The New Ham Classes had a good turnout.
More radios and antennas were in use this year, compared to last year. More radios, bands and modes resulted in a respectable number of contacts being made. The exact numbers and scores will be posted when compiled and made available. Lots of photos will be posted here shortly. Check back often.
June 23, 2015
1) ARRL Field Day is the most popular on-the-air event held annually in the US and Canada. On the fourth weekend of June, more than 40,000 radio amateurs gather with their clubs, groups or simply with friends to operate from remote locations. This year Field Day is June 27th & 28th. As usual, the Hendricks County Amateur Radio Society (HCARS) will be participating in the Field Day activities. Visit their website at http://www.hcars.org/ for more information. Info will also be posted on the this ARES website when it becomes available.
2) The 45th Annual Indianapolis Hamfest will be on July 12, 2015. The event is sponsored by the Indianapolis Radio
Club at the Marion County Fairgrounds located at 7300 E. Troy Ave. Setup will be Friday May 11th from
4 to 9pm. Gates open at 6am on Saturday. Hamfest starts at 7am. Free admission to all Active Military
Personel by showing your Active Military ID. Talk-in will be on 146.76 with a (- 600 Offset). For more
information go to www.indyhamfest.com or by going to the HCARES Website at www.hendricksares.org or call 317-261-6658 and leave a message.
3) For a list of 2015 hamfests, click on the Hamfests for 2015 link at the top left side of this page.
4) On July 16th, Dave Asher, N9KQI, will be hosting the monthly Hendricks Regional Health Hospital Simplex Net on 147.570 MHz . Jay Right, KK9L, will be hosting the IU West Hospital Simplex Net also on 147.570 MHz. The Net starts at 9:30 am. This Net is to check the radio performance and capability on a simplex frequency throughout Hendricks County as well as surrounding counties from both Hendricks Regional Health and IU West hospitals. When called upon during an emergency or disaster, these stations will be a valuable asset to Hendricks County. All ARES members and non-members are encouraged to check-in.
5) You can now view and download the ARES Emergency Plan from this website. This plan is a tool that will teach you the proper procedures to use during an
emergency or disaster. All ARES members are highly encouraged to print and keep a copy of the ARES Emergency Plan at your station.
This section will be updated at a later time.
Check back later for the next round of Training News
From Tom Hansen WA9YI, Training Coordinator
If anyone has a comment or would to add something to the
ARES Net News Please feel free to contact Ken Kayler
at 317-874-7068 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Website Additions & Updates:
06-29-2015 - Added post-Field Day info. More to come.......
Thanks to these supporters of Amateur Radio in Hendricks County
Beacon Sign Company of Avon
Shirt Tales of Plainfield
- When you patronize our supporters, please mention that you heard about them on this website -
You can support amateur radio too! E-mail us for details.
Donate to HCRCSG to support Amateur Radio Emergency Communications in Hendricks County
We can promote your business by displaying your logo with a link to your website.
Who is HCRCSG
© 2011 - 2015 Hendricks County Amateur Radio Emergency Service
Webmaster: Bill Gouge
- AA9EG - email@example.com
Web hosting is provided by HCRCSG, Inc
This website was updated on
Hendricks County Amateur Radio Society club meetings: 2nd Monday of each month. HC Government Center at 7:00pm (except Oct 12th - meeting will be held at the Gordon Graham Field airport.
ARES Net is held every Tuesday at 7:30pm on 147.015 MHz
Weak signals can get into the repeater better when transmitting a 123.0 Hz tone. However, a tone is NOT required.
RACES and SkyWarn Nets are called as needed - 147.165 MHz
Hospital Radio Nets are on 147.570 MHz simplex at 9:30am. All Hams are invited to participate.
DID YOU KNOW
This website can be viewed on a mobile device? Just "pinch & zoom" to enlarge content and "swipe" to navigate the pages.
When viewing on a desktop or laptop computer, hold down the <CTRL> key and press the + or - keys to zoom in or out. Use the + & - keys just below the function keys. Pressing <CTRL>0 returns the screen back to the default size.
ARES Press Coverage
Flyer Group newspaper about the Feb 14th Brownsburg Hamfest. You can check it out in the printed version, or click HERE for the on-line version.
American Legion magazine, March edition page 32. You can access the article by ckicking HERE.