Weekly E-Net News
March 24, 2015
1) The 32nd Annual Columbus Hamfest sponsored by the Columbus Amateur
Radio Club will be on Saturday March 28, 2015. Activities start at 8am and end at Noon. The hamfest will be at the
Bartholomew County Fairgrounds Community Building, located at 750 County
Road 200 S. in Columbus, Indiana. General Admission will be $5.00 at the door.
Eight foot tables are $8.00. Vendor setup will be on Friday March 27th from 6pm to
8pm and on Saturday Morning starting at 6am. Talk-in will be on the 146.790 MHz
(-600 KHz Offset) with a PL-Tone of 103.5 Hz. For Registration or more
information contact Matthew Bruner, KC9BWO, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone
2) ) For a list of 2015 hamfests, click on the link at the top left side of this page. The list will be expanded as information becomes available.
3) On April 16th Wayne Fox, AE9P, will be hosting the monthly Hendricks Regional Health Hospital Simplex Net on 147.570 MHz. Bill Gouge, AA9EG, will be hosting the IU West Hospital Simplex Net also on 147.570 MHz. The Net starts at 9:30 am. This Net is to check the radio performance and capability on a simplex frequency throughout Hendricks County as well as surrounding counties from both Hendricks Regional Health and I-U West hospitals. When called upon during an emergency or disaster, these stations will be a valuable asset to Hendricks County. All ARES members and non-members are encouraged to check-in.
4) On April 21, 2015 Jay Wright, KK9L, will be hosting the Monthly ARES Tuesday Night Simplex Net on the 146.570 MHz. The net starts at 8pm - right after the regular Tuesday Night ARES Net. This net is to check the performance and capability of our radios in Hendricks County as well as surrounding counties when called upon during an emergency or disaster. All ARES Members and Amateurs are "highly" encouraged to participate.
5) It is that time of year again!!! The Hendricks County ARES Leadership needs to
update the records. Let us know if you are a member of Hendricks County ARES and have experienced a change in he past year of license class, address, phone number, NIMS Certifications, added a base, portable or mobile radio. We also need to know if you operating privileges have changed to give you access to HF frequencies. Please email Ken Kayler
KC9SQD at email@example.com with this new information so he will be
able to modify the records.
On-Air Announcements made during the Tuesday Night Net
From Tom Hansen WA9YI, Training Coordinator
Training News – changes this week :
** 1 ** The First Aid training class will not occur this Saturday. We are looking at new dates in April.
** 2 ** The status of the April 11 class on damage assessment is still tentative. There is work underway on a Hendricks County class with the "long version" of this training, which takes 8 to 16 hours. We hope to have an update for next week’s net.
** 3 ** Remember that beginning April 1, you will no longer be able to use your Social Security number to take the on-line tests for your NIMS certification. There is a link to the new procedure at the top of the page, if you visit training.fema.gov.
** 4 ** There is a nice training opportunity on HF bands on April 19, for those of you first licensed in 2013 and later. The Rookie Roundup, single-sideband version, is explained on the arrl.org web site. This is a relaxed and fun event and I urge you to check it out – rookies can work anyone, and non-rookies can work rookies to help them learn the ropes. With a Tech license, you can be on 10 meters. Perhaps there’s a way we can match up members who want to participate but don’t have the right rig, with those who do have a HF radio.
*NOTE* If anyone has a comment or would to add something to the ARES Net News. Please feel free to contact Ken Kayler
at 317-874-7068 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org