January 27, 2015
1) There's a new repeater in Mooresville, with a frequency of 145.110 MHz and sub-audible tone of 114.8 Hz. This repeater has the vanity call W9WWV. That call is issued to the Formidable Amateur Radio Team of Bargersville. The Call was previously issued to Louis W. Rodenbeck, a long time ham till he passed in May of 2005. Many of you may know him for his un-canny humor and outgoing personality. In remembrance of Mr. Rodenbeck, the Formidable Amateur Radio Team is
honoring his memory by using his call.
2) The Hendricks County Amateur Community will be having their 2015 Amateur
Radio Licensing Class starting on January 28, 2015 and will go until March of 2015. This class is a 7 to 8 week course. The class will be at the Senior Services Building located at 1201 Sycamore Lane in Danville from 7pm to 9pm. This class is
for Technician class licenses, upgrades to General class licenses, and
upgrades to Extra class licenses. This class is free to take. There will be a $15.00
charge for testing. We ask that you pay in Cash at the time of testing for more information contact Wayne Fox KE9P at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jay Wright, KK9L, at email@example.com or call at 317-203-3335.
3) Hendricks County ARES now has a Twitter Page. Aaron Daniel, KC9ZER, has graciously offered to be the caretaker of this page. Look us up on Twitter
at HendricksCoARES and click like.For more information
about the Hendricks County ARES Twitter Page you can contact Aaron Daniel,
KC9ZER, at firstname.lastname@example.org
4) On February 10, 2015 Tom Stahl, KC9IUL, will be hosting the Monthly ARES Tuesday Night Simplex Net on the 146.520MHz. The net starts at 8pm -
right after the regular Tuesday Night ARES Net. This net is to check the performance and capability of our radios in Hendricks County as well as surrounding counties when called upon during an Emergency/Disaster. All ARES Members and Amateurs are "highly" encouraged to participate.
5) The 4th Annual Brownsburg Hamfest Sponsored by the Hendricks County Amateur Radio Society will be on Saturday February 14, 2015. At the American Legion Post 331 located at 636 East Main St. in Brownsburg, In. Setup will be on
Friday the 13th from 3pm till 7:30pm. Setup will also be at 6am on Saturday morning the day of the Hamfest. Doors will open at 7am for the Hamfest and will
be ending at 3pm. Admission is $5 at the door, parking is free. Vendor Tables
with power are $15, $10 without power. Table sales available at the door both days. (Bring your own power strips and extension cords). Food Service provided by
the American Legion. Talk-In will be on the 147.015 repeater with a + shift. For
more information and table reservations contact Wayne Fox, KE9P, at email@example.com.
6) For a list of 2015 hamfests, click on the link at the top left side of this page. The list will be expanded as information becomes available.
7) On February 19, 2015 Gordon Cotton, KD0EWM,, will be hosting the monthly Hendricks County Health Hospital Simplex Net on 147.570MHz. Brian Thompson, N9ZEQ, will be hosting the I-U West Hospital Simplex Net also on
147.570MHz. The Net starts at 9:30am. This Net is to check the
radio performance and capability on a simplex frequency through out
Hendricks County as well as surrounding counties from both Hendricks Regional Health and I-U West hospitals. When called upon during an
Emergency/Disaster. All ARES Members and non members are encouraged to check-in.
8) ARES training classes will be held January through April. Classes will be held at the Hendricks County Senior Services Center at 1201 Sycamore Lane in Danville.
Classes begin at 1 p.m. and will generally end by 3 o'clock.
Remaining Scheduled Classes:
January 31st is Net Control Operator training. It will cover the skills that successful NCOs use. This class will include hands-on simulations that will prepare new NCOs for their first net, and help more experienced NCOs as well.
February 7th will be the third NIMS Class - Unit 200, Incident Command System for Single Resources and Inital Action Incidents.
The class schedule is subject to change, please monitor this site for updates. Use the Training Classes link at the left side of this page.
9) The Hendricks County ARES Leadership has revised the ARES Emergency Plan. You can find the Emergency Plan on the ARES Documents page, or click HERE. The ARES Leadership *HIGHLY ENCOURAGES* all ARES
members as well as the Hospital Hams to download a copy of the Emergency Plan
and keep it at their Station.
10) The Hendricks Regional Health Hospital will be hosting an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) course. Mondays and Wednesdays beginning on February 18, 2015 from 6 to 10pm. For more information or to register email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-745-3559.
11) Montgomery County ARES now has a Weekly Net that begins half an hour before this Net. The Montgomery County ARES Net begins at 7pm each Tuesday on
147.225 MHz with a plus offset and a PL Tone of 88.5 Hz. Alan Clements, KC9ZED,
Emergency Coordinator for Montgomery County, invites Hendricks County Hams to with base stations to
listen or check in.
--- Follow-up ANNOUNCEMENTS ---
We have a new section on our website where you can share your radio programming files and hints about modifications or enhanced operation.. You can send you scanner or ham radio files to the webmaster. The will be added to the Radio Help page. Make sure you include information like the radio model and the programming software you used to create the file. I am looking for the programming DATA, not the programming software (unless it’s freeware). NOTE: If you can think of a better name for the section, please let me know - I'm open to suggestions. Send files, comments or names to Bill, AA9EG, at email@example.com.
*NOTE* If anyone has a comment or would to add something to the ARES Net News. Please feel free to contact Ken Kayler at 317-874-7068 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Website Additions & Updates:
01-16-2015 - Updated the 2015 Hamfest List
01-20-2015 - Updated Training Schedule.
01-28-2015 - Started a Radio Help section on this website.
This website was updated on
© 2011 - 2015 Hendricks County Amateur Radio Emergency Service
Webmaster: Bill Gouge
- AA9EG - email@example.com
Web hosting is provided by HCRCSG, Inc