November 18, 2014
1) The Hendricks County Amateur Radio Community along with the Hendricks County Commissioners and the Hendricks County Sheriff's Department will hosting the 26th Annual Amateur Radio and Volunteers Award Night on November 19, 2014 at 7pm at the Hendricks County Government Center located at 355 South Washington St. in Danville. The meeting will be held in the large conference room. The deadline for submitting nominations ended October 19th.
Ken Kayler, KC9SQD, along with the American Legion Post 118, will be honoring our Silent Keys. Bring your family out and see the Amateur Radio volunteers of Hendricks County.
2) We would like to extend our congratulations to Ron Burke, KB9DJA. Ron brought home the IRCC Outstanding Amateur of the Year Award this year. He was nominated for the award last year, but did not win. Ron was nominated for all of his hard work and
achievements for the past 20 years in Amateur Radio and for all of the hard work and success of the past 4 years with HCARES (Hendricks
County Amateur Radio Emergency Service). You can CLICK HERE to see a picture of the award presentation. CLICK HERE for a close-up image of the award. Congratulations, again,
3) There will not be Hospital Simplex Nets for the month of December, due to the holidays. The Nets will resume in January 2015.
4) There will not be a Tuesday Night ARES Simplex Net for the month of December, due to the holidays. The Tuesday Night ARES Simplex Nets will resume
in January 2015.
5) The 4th Annual Brownsburg Hamfest Sponsored by the Hendricks County Amateur Radio Society will be on Saturday February 14, 2015. At the American Legion Post 331 located at 636 East Main St. in Brownsburg, In. Setup will be on
Friday the 13th from 3pm till 7:30pm. Setup will also be at 6am on Saturday morning the day of the Hamfest. Doors will open at 7am for the Hamfest and will
be ending at 3pm. Admission is $5 at the door, parking is free. Vendor Tables
with power are $15, $10 without power. Table sales available at the door both days. (Bring your own power strips and extension cords). Food Service provided by
the American Legion. Talk-In will be on the 147.015 repeater with a + shift. For
more information and table reservations contact Wayne Fox, KE9P, at
6) The hamfests have ended for the year, but a new list of 2015 hamfests will be added to the site soon.