"CQ Field Day" on the GOTA station
Photo by Bill Gouge, AA9EG
Ethan and Wayne Michael operate the GOTA station.
The 5 year old made a DX contact on 6 meters!
Hear Ye, Hear Ye
Photo by Barry Palencer, KC9WMS
Bob Gentry, Hendricks County Commissioner, reads from the
Amateur Radio Week proclamation as others look on.
"Sky Hooks" are in place
Photo by Bill Gouge, AA9EG
Two of the antennas ready to go - a dipole and a 6 meter loop. No, they aren't touching!
( more pictures to follow, check back tomorrow )
June 30, 2015
1) On July 16th, Dave Asher, N9KQI, will be hosting the monthly Hendricks Regional Health Hospital Simplex Net on 147.570 MHz . Jay Right, KK9L, will be hosting the IU West Hospital Simplex Net also on 147.570 MHz. The Net starts at 9:30 am. This Net is to check the radio performance and capability on a simplex frequency throughout Hendricks County as well as surrounding counties from both Hendricks Regional Health and IU West hospitals. When called upon during an emergency or disaster, these stations will be a valuable asset to Hendricks County. All ARES members and non-members are encouraged to check-in.
2) The 45th Annual Indianapolis Hamfest will be on Saturday, July 11th. The event is sponsored by the Indianapolis Radio
Club at the Marion County Fairgrounds located at 7300 E. Troy Ave. Setup will be Friday May 11th from
4 to 9pm. Gates open at 6am on Saturday. Hamfest starts at 7am. Free admission to all Active Military
Personel by showing your Active Military ID. Talk-in will be on 146.76 with a (- 600 Offset). For more
information go to www.indyhamfest.com or by going to the HCARES Website at www.hendricksares.org or call 317-261-6658 and leave a message. See the hamfest flyer for details.
3) For a list of 2015 hamfests, click on the Hamfests for 2015 link at the top left side of this page.
4) You can now view and download the ARES Emergency Plan from this website. This plan is a tool that will teach you the proper procedures to use during an
emergency or disaster. All ARES members are highly encouraged to print and keep a copy of the ARES Emergency Plan at your station.
Tom, WA9YI, added this announcement to Net News: There is now a U.S. Senate companion bill to HR 1301, which is the Amateur Radio Parity Act of 2015 in the U.S. House of Representatives. It is called S 1685, and has two original sponsors, a Republican from Mississippi and a Democrat from Connecticut. Since we already have Rep. Todd Rokita, the Congressman who represents Hendricks County, signed on as on of about 85 co-sponsors in the House, we will next need to work on Sen. Coats and Sen. Donnelly from Indiana to see if we can enlist them as co-sponsors in the Senate.
1. Thank you for everyone who came out to Field Day and tried new things and had a good time getting on the air, helping raise and repair antennas, trying new bands, and so on. More detailed thank-yous will be made at the HCARS meeting on July 13.
2. We had a good turnout of new hams and people interested in ham radio at the two New Ham Workshops at Field Day – 5 at the first session, and 2 at the second. The Workshop will serve as a model for the introductory hour of the Tech licensing classes next winter, and could be a model for presentations made at schools or for other groups. Thanks to all who came and who helped, and to Wayne AC9HP who came up with the idea.
3. Our next Frequency Agility QSY exercise is in two weeks, on July 14th, and we will QSY to the 145.130 repeater in Danville. Please note that your radio will need to send the PL tone of 88.5, so look into how to program that in or set it as you change frequencies.
- Tom Hansen WA9YI, Training Coordinator
If anyone has a comment or would to add something to the
ARES Net News Please feel free to contact Ken Kayler
at 317-874-7068 or e-mail him at email@example.com
Recent Website Additions & Updates:
07-01-2015 - Please note that the Indianapolis Hamfest is a one day event, which will be held on Saturday, July 11th. Advance, discounted, tickets are available at select area merchants. See the hamfest flyer for details.
07-01-2015 - Added field day picture at top of page.
07-02-2015 - Added another field day picture.
Uploaded the third quarter issue of the Ham'er Newsletter
Thanks to these supporters of Amateur Radio in Hendricks County
Beacon Sign Company of Avon
Shirt Tales of Plainfield
- When you patronize our supporters, please mention that you heard about them on this website -
You can support amateur radio too! E-mail us for details.
Donate to HCRCSG to support Amateur Radio Emergency Communications in Hendricks County
We can promote your business by displaying your logo with a link to your website.
Who is HCRCSG
© 2011 - 2015 Hendricks County Amateur Radio Emergency Service
Webmaster: Bill Gouge
- AA9EG - firstname.lastname@example.org
Web hosting is provided by HCRCSG, Inc
This website was updated on