Weekly E-Net News
July 29, 2014
1) On August 21, 2014, Mike Rollins, WA9NCF, will be hosting the
Hendricks Regional Health Hospital Simplex Net on 147.570 MHz. John Richardson, N9UYC, will be hosting the I-U West
Hospital Net also on 147.570 MHz.. Both nets will start at 9:30am. This is a short net with the exchange of names, calls and signal strength readings of participants. This is an important exercise, so please try to arrange time to check in.
2) The Plainfield Quaker Day Fall Festival 2014 will be Sept. 19th thru the 21st. Anyone wishing to help out with the 3 day event can contact Ron Burke, KB9DJA, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
3) The Annual Hancock County Amateur Radio Club's hamfest will be on Saturday September 20, 2014 from 8am to 1pm. The First Church Of God located at 700 N. Broadway St. in Greenfield will be the site of the hamfest. This year will be a Tailgate Hamfest and admission is free.
The outside area is a paved parking lot. Indoor spaces will also be available. Setup will be any time after 6am. Some tables may be available on a first come first serve basis for inside use only. Bring your own table for outside use.
4) For a full list of upcoming Hamfests, click on the "2014 Hamfests" link at the left of this page. There you will find a full
listing of upcoming hamfest, their locations and times for the year.
5) The Tuesday Night ARES Simplex Nets will be starting up in September and will be going until April of next year. The month of December will be excluded due to the holidays. All Tuesday Night Ares Simplex Nets will start at 8pm, right after the Weekly Tuesday Night ARES scheduled Nets. Anyone willing to help out with these Nets should contact Ken Kayler,
KC9SQD. Call him at 317-874-7068 or send an e-mail to kakayler64(at)hotmail.com.
6) The S.E.T. (Simulated Emergency Test) for this year will be on October 18, 2014. A Warning Announcement on the 147.165 MHz repeater at 9:30am will request that listeners monitor the frequency for further information. The S.E.T. will begin at 10am. The emergency scenario will be announced at a later time. All Amateurs are encouraged to
*NOTE* If anyone has a comment or would to add something to the ARES Net News. Please feel free to contact Ken Kayler at 317-874-7068 or e-mail him at kakayler64(at)hotmail.com.
We have changed the way e-mail addresses are shown in the E-Net News. The “@” symbol in the address will be replaced with “(at)” in its place. If you want to send a message to an address that is mentioned, be sure to replace the (at) with @ when sending the message. This should cut down on spam that is received by the e-mail address owner.
Website Additions & Updates:
07/20/14 - Files added to DOCUMENTS Page:
Field Day 2014 Special Edition of The HAMER
FM-4-25-11 First Aid Manual
Technical Handbook of HF Monitoring
VoIP and Amateur Radio
- Weekly E-News updated (this page)
General Disaster Kit List added to Documents page
07/23/2014: Added ARRL QSO Party info to end of
E-Net News (above)
07/29/2014 - Weekly E-Net News updated (this page)
© 2011 - 2014 Hendricks County Amateur Radio Emergency Service
Webmaster: Bill Gouge
- AA9EG - webmaster(at)hendricksares.org
ARES Net is held every Tuesday at 7:30pm on 147.015 MHz
Weak signals can get into the repeater better when transmitting a 123.0 Hz tone. However, a tone is NOT required.
RACES and SkyWarn Nets are called as needed - 147.165 MHz
August 21, 2014 :
Hospital Radio Net on 147.570 MHz simplex at 9:30am. All Hams are invited to participate.
Our Congratulations go to Ron Burke, KB9DJA, for his nomination for the Technical Exelence Award given by the Indianapolis Radio Club Council (IRCC). Click HERE for details
ARRL Centennial QSO Party - W1AW in Indiana:
The week-long event ended at 8pm on July 29th. Our hope is that you were able to log a contact with an Indiana operator authorized to use
the W1AW/9 call.