October 25, 2016
1) The fall New-Member orientation program is scheduled for this Saturday, October 29th, from 1 to 3 p.m., at the Senior Center in Danville. Emailed invitations have gone to those who have joined since the last orientation. Please RSVP for this important training program for new ARES members.
2) Our next monthly simplex net will be at 8 p.m. on Tuesday, November 8th. Bill, AE9R, will be net control on 145.555 MHz. These simplex nets are an important part of training. They let you test your radio and antenna system on a simplex frequency with the NCO station and other hams around the county. Be sure to participate each month through April. If you would like to volunteer to be the NCO for a simplex net, contact Ken at firstname.lastname@example.org. He can give you all the details and reserve a date for you.
3) Correction from last week: The next hospital net will be in January, not November. These monthly simplex nets on 147.570 MHz will resume after the first of the year. The nets will be held on the 3rd SATURDAY of each month.
4) The next hamfest in Indiana will be in Fort Wayne on November 12th and 13th. After that, your next hamfest opportunity will be in Brownsburg in February. Check the hamfest link on this website for more details.
5) If you have access to the 1 1/4 meter band on a 220 rig, consider checking in to the “Use It or Lose It” net each Sunday at 7 p.m. The net runs on 224.220 MHz from the KD9EST repeater in Danville. It requires a tone of 88.5Hz. Note: this net has been held on Thursday nights in the past. It will be on Sunday nights henceforth.
6) If you are looking for experience in emergency communications, consider helping with one of the many public service events coming up this fall. Go to indyhams.org and click on Events for some good options.
7) It’s always available: go training.fema.gov/is, and earn the National Incident Management System certifications that you do not already hold. To be deployed by local government agencies, you must have certificates for 100b, 200b, 700a and 800b.
From Last WeeK :
• Tom WA9YI announced that HCARS will be operating as a club during ARRL Sweepstakes on the weekend of Nov. 19-20. Stations will be set up at the grandstand at the fairgrounds in Danville to operate on 10 through 80 meters and possibly 160. Details in coming weeks. Click HERE for info from ARRL.
• Reminder from Wayne, AC9HP, regarding the ARES digital net. If you need help setting up your HF equipment ahead of time, please contact Wayne at AC9HP@arrl.net for assistance. We will use different modes each month, starting with PSK then moving to other digital modes like Olivia MKS63. We will also experiment with RMS Express and WinMor. Specific dates and times will be announced on the facebook page, the hendricksares.org website, and in future weekly ARES nets, so be on the lookout.
The fall new-member orientation program is scheduled for Saturday, October 29th. E-mailed invitations have gone out to those who have joined since the last orientation program. Please RSVP for this important training program for new ARES members.
Oct 29th : ARES New-Member Orientation program. Details will be in e-mailed invitations.
» For these titles, and many more,
check out our Documents page
BILL GOUGE, AA9EG - Webmaster
Recent Website Additions & Updates: