Weekly E-Net News
October 14, 2014
1) On October 14th Bill Paffenburger, AE9R, will host a Simplex Net on 147.570 MHz simplex starting at 8pm - right after the weekly Tuesday Night ARES Net. This is a very important net where we are testing our radio's capabilities and performance in case of an emergency. All ARES members and all amateurs are encouraged to participate.
2) On October 16, 2014, Mile Rollins, WA9NCF, will be hosting the Hendricks Regional Health Hospital Simplex Net on 147.570 MHz. Bill Gouge, AA9EG, will be hosting the IU West Hospital Net also on 147.570 MHz. Both nets will start at 9:30am. This is a short net with the exchange of names, calls and signal strength readings of participants. This is an important exercise, so please try to arrange time to check in.
3) On October 18, 2014. The Hendricks County ARES Leadership will be conducting this year’s S.E.T. (Simulated Emergency Test). The exercise will begin at approximately 10am with an initial warning announcement at 9:30am on the 147.165 repeater. The Emergency Scenario will be a sudden Ice Storm and the potential hazards that result. The check-in frequency for the S.E.T. will be on the 145.555 MHz. Additional volunteers are needed to assist with the S.E.T. drill. Anyone interested in volunteering can contact Chris Harrison, KD9BIX, at email@example.com for more information. All licensed Amateurs are encouraged to participate in this exercise - you don't have to be a member of ARES. You can click HERE to download a copy of the HC ARES Emergency Plan. It will be a good reference to have handy during the exercise.
4) The 42nd Annual Fort Wayne Hamfest and Computer Expo will be on November 15th & 16th this year. As usual, it will be held at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum Exposition Center. It is located at 4000 Parnell Avenue. This is on the corner of Coliseum BLVD. (IND 930) and Parnell Avenue. This is an indoor event with 73,000 SQ. FT. of indoor space. All 8ft tables are $25 for Flee Market, $30 with Electricity, and $50 for Premium Spots. Admission
is $6 for both Saturday & Sunday and $4 for Sunday only. Children 11 and under are free with an adult. Coliseum parking is $5 per vehicle. Talk-in will be
on the 146.880 with a negative shift. For more information you can write to (ACARTS / Fort Wayne Hamfest) at P.O. Box 10342 Fort Wayne, In. 46851-0342 or call 260-579-2196 and leave a message.
5) For a full list of upcoming Hamfests, click on the "2014 Hamfests" link at the left side of our home page. There you will find a full listing of upcoming hamfest, their locations and times for the year.
6) The Hendricks County Amateur Radio Community along with the Hendricks County Commissioners and the Hendricks County Sheriff's Department will hosting the 26th Annual Amateur Radio and Volunteers Award Night on November 19, 2014 at 7pm. at the Hendricks County Government Center located at 355 South Washington St. in Danville. The meeting will be held in the large conference room. If you would like to nominate for an award you can contact Ron Burke, KB9DJA, at firstname.lastname@example.org, Ken Kayler, KC9SQD, at email@example.com or Jay Wright, KK9L, at 317-203-3335.
Please give a brief description of why you think your nominee should receive an award. Please include your nominee's name, call sign, phone number, and e-mail address when you submit your nomination.
Ken Kayler, KC9SQD, along with the American Legion Post 118, will be honoring our Silent Keys. Bring your family out and see the Amateur Radio volunteers of Hendricks County.
*NOTE* If anyone has a comment or would to add something to the ARES Net News. Please feel free to contact Ken Kayler at 317-874-7068 or e-mail him firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent Website Additions & Updates:
08/29/2014 - Updated Radio Programmed Frequency List in Documents section. ( THIS IS FOR ALL ARES & RACES MEMBERS )
08/31/2014 - Added 6 more items to Documents page
09-22-2014 - October edition of the Ham'er added to Documents page
© 2011 - 2014 Hendricks County Amateur Radio Emergency Service
Webmaster: Bill Gouge
- AA9EG - webmaster(at)hendricksares.org
ARES Net is held every Tuesday at 7:30pm on 147.015 MHz
Weak signals can get into the repeater better when transmitting a 123.0 Hz tone. However, a tone is NOT required.
RACES and SkyWarn Nets are called as needed - 147.165 MHz
October 16, 2014 :
Hospital Radio Net on 147.570 MHz simplex at 9:30am. All Hams are invited to participate.
go to Barry Palencer, KC9WMS, for his recent appointment as Public Information Officer (PIO) and an Assistant Emergency Coordinator for the Hendricks County A.R.E.S. team. Barry has been "acting" PIO for several weeks and our group has benefited greatly from his efforts.
This website can be viewed on a mobile device? Just "pinch & zoom" to enlarge content and "swipe" to navigate the pages.
DID YOU KNOW...
When viewing on a desktop or laptop computer, hold down the <CTRL> key and press the + or - keys to zoom in or out. Use the + & - keys just below the function keys. Pressing <CTRL>0 returns the screen back to the default size.