September 30, 2014
The 53rd Annual Hoosier Hills Hamfest will be on Saturday October 4, 2014 at the Lawrence County 4H Fairgrounds located at 11265 U.S. Highway 50 West of Mitchell Indiana. This is a one day indoor Hamfest and Tailgating. Gates will open at 6am for setup of all Vendors. The general public will be admitted at 8am. The Tailgating Fee is $5.00's plus admission. Admission is $5.00 per person with free parking all day. Free admission for kids under 12 years of age. Talk-in will be on the 146.730 W9QYQ repeater with a PL-Tone of 107.200 Hz. For more information contact W.W. Warren at email@example.com
or call 812-675-2450.
2) For a full list of upcoming Hamfests, click on the "2014 Hamfests" link at the left side of our home page. There you will find a full listing of upcoming hamfest, their locations and times for the year.
3) On October 14th Bill Paffenburger, AE9R, will host a Simplex Net on 147.570 MHz simplex starting at 8pm - right after the weekly Tuesday Night ARES Net. This is a very important net where we are testing our radio's capabilities and performance in case of an emergency. All ARES members and all amateurs are encouraged to participate.
4) On October 16, 2014, Erik Cohee, KC9WRY, will be hosting the Hendricks Regional Health Hospital Simplex Net on 147.570 MHz. Bill Gouge, AA9EG, will be hosting the IU West Hospital Net also on 147.570 MHz. Both nets will start at 9:30am. This is a short net with the exchange of names, calls and signal strength readings of participants. This is an important exercise, so please try to arrange time to check in.
5) On October 18, 2014. The Hendricks County ARES Leadership will be conducting this years S.E.T. ( Simulated Emergency Test ). Beginning at approximately 10am with a initial warning at 9:30am. The Emergency Scenario will be a sudden Ice Storm and the Potential Hazards that result. Check-In's for the S.E.T. will be on the 145.555 MHz Simplex Frequency. Additional Volunteers are needed to assist with the S.E.T. drill. Anyone interested in volunteering. Please contact Chris Harrison KD9BIX at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. All licensed Amateurs are encouraged to participate in this exercise - you don't have to be a member of ARES.
6) The Hendricks County Amateur Radio Community along with the Hendricks County Commissioners and the Hendricks County Sheriff's Department will hosting the 26th Annual Amateur Radio and Volunteers Award Night on November 19, 2014 at 7pm. at the Hendricks County Government Center located at 355 South Washington St. in Danville.
The meeting will be held in the large conference room. If you would like to nominate for an award you can contact Ron Burke, KB9DJA, at email@example.com, Ken Kayler, KC9SQD, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jay Wright, KK9L, at 317-203-3335.
Please give a brief description of why you think your nominee should receive an award. Please include your nominee's name, call sign, phone number, and e-mail address when you submit your nomination.
Ken Kayler, KC9SQD, along with the American Legion Post 118, will be Honoring our Silent Keys.
*NOTE* If anyone has a comment or would to add something to the ARES Net News. Please feel free to contact Ken Kayler at 317-874-7068 or e-mail him at email@example.com.
Recent Website Additions & Updates:
08/29/2014 - Updated Radio Programmed Frequency List in Documents section. ( THIS IS FOR ALL ARES & RACES MEMBERS )
08/31/2014 - Added 6 more items to Documents page
09-22-2014 - October edition of the Ham'er added to Documents page
© 2011 - 2014 Hendricks County Amateur Radio Emergency Service
Webmaster: Bill Gouge
- AA9EG - webmaster(at)hendricksares.org