Weekly E-Net News
July 22, 2014
1) At this year's Indianapolis Hamfest at the Marion County Fairgrounds, the IRCC held a forum to present the winner of the Indiana Technical Excellence ward. Hendricks County EC Ron Burke, KB9DJA, was nominated for the award ...... Click HERE for the story
The Hendricks County ARES Leadership would like to extend our deepest condolences to Spencer Gibbs, N9DVL, and his family at the passing of his Mother Glenna Lillian (Reid) Gibbs. She passed away on July14, 2014. She was laid to rest on July 19, 2014 at Spring Hill Cemetery. She was 90 years of age.
3) The Marion County ARES Team will be hosting their next training session on July 26, 2014. The topic will be "Field Operations Level 1". For more information contact Brent Walls, K9CFE, at mcinares(at)gmail.com.
4) On August 21, 2014, Mike Rollins, WA9NCF, will be hosting the
Hendricks Regional Health Hospital Simplex Net on 147.570 MHz. John Richardson, N9UYC, will be hosting the I-U West
Hospital Net also on 147.570 MHz.. Both nets will start at 9:30am. This is a short net with the exchange of names, calls and signal strength readings of participants. This is an important exercise, so please try to arrange time to check in.
5) The Annual Hancock County Amateur Radio Club's Hamfest will be on
Saturday September 20, 2014 from 8am-1pm. It will be at the First Church Of God located at 700 N. Broadway St. in Greenfield, IN. This year the Hamfest will include an Outside Area on a paved parking lot. There will also be an indoor heated space. This year will be a Tailgate Hamfest and admission is free. Setup will be any time after 6am. Some tables, for inside use onl, ymay be available on a first-come first-serve basis. Be sure to bring your own if you need one for outside.
6) For a full list of upcoming Hamfests, click on the "2014 Hamfests" link at the left of this page. There you will find a full
listing of upcoming hamfest, their locations and times for the year.
7) This years S.E.T. (Simulated Emergency Test) will be on October 18, 2014. A Warning Announcement at 9:30am will request that listeners to monitor the 147.165 MHz repeater. The S.E.T. will begin at 10am. The emergency scenario will be announced at a later time. All Amateurs are encouraged to
*NOTE* If anyone has a comment or would to add something to the ARES Net News. Please feel free to contact Ken Kayler at 317-874-7068 or e-mail him at kakayler64(at)hotmail.com.
We have changed the way e-mail addresses are shown in the E-Net News. The “@” symbol in the address will be replaced with “(at)” in its place. If you want to send a message to an address that is mentioned, be sure to replace the (at) with @ when sending the message. This should cut down on spam that is received by the e-mail address owner.
Website Additions & Updates:
07/20/14 - Files added to DOCUMENTS Page:
Field Day 2014 Special Edition of The HAMER
FM-4-25-11 First Aid Manual
Technical Handbook of HF Monitoring
VoIP and Amateur Radio
- Weekly E-News updated (this page)
General Disaster Kit List added to Documents page
© 2011 - 2014 Hendricks County Amateur Radio Emergency Service
Webmaster: Bill Gouge
- AA9EG - webmaster(at)hendricksares.org
ARES Net is held every Tuesday at 7:30pm on 147.015 MHz
Weak signals can get into the repeater better when transmitting a 123.0 Hz tone. However, a tone is NOT required.
RACES and SkyWarn Nets are called as needed - 147.165 MHz
August 21, 2014 :
Hospital Radio Net on 147.570 MHz simplex at 9:30am. All Hams are invited to participate.
Our Congratulations go to Ron Burke, KB9DJA, for his nomination for the Technical Exelence Award given by the Indianapolis Radio Club Council (IRCC). Click HERE for details