September 9, 2014
1) Tonight after the Scheduled Weekly ARES Net, Bill Gouge, AA9EG, will host a Simplex Net on the 146.430 Simplex Frequency starting at 8pm. This is a very important net where we are testing our radio's capabilities and performance in case of an emergency. All ARES members
and all amateurs are encouraged to participate.
2) Attention all Hendricks County ARES Members. On September 15, 2014 the Hendricks County ARES Leadership will be hosting their "FIRST" Hendricks County ARES Membership quarterly meeting at the Hendricks County Government Center located at 355 South Washington Street in Danville. The meeting will be in the large conference room. Mark your calendar for this meeting. If you are not an ARES member and would like to become Involved in ARES and be a part of an active group, we, the ARES Leadership, invite you to attend.
The meeting will start at 7:00pm.
3) On September 18, 2014, Ken Kayler, KC9SQD, will be hosting the Hendricks Regional Health Hospital Simplex Net on 147.570 MHz.
Brian Thompson, N9ZEQ, will be hosting the IU West Hospital Net also on 147.570 MHz.
Both nets will start at 9:30am. This is a short net with the exchange of names, calls and signal strength readings of participants. This is an important exercise, so please try to arrange time to check in.
4) The annual Hancock County Amateur Radio Club's hamfest will be on Saturday September 20, 2014 from 8am to 1pm. The First Church of God located at 700 N. Broadway St. in Greenfield will be the site of the hamfest. This year will be a Tailgate Hamfest and admission is free. The outside area is a paved parking lot. Indoor spaces will also be available. Setup will be any time after 6am. Some tables may be available on a first come first serve basis for inside use only. Bring your own table for outside use.
5) For a full list of upcoming Hamfests, click on the "2014 Hamfests" link at the left side of our home page. There you will find a full listing of upcoming hamfest, their locations and times for the year.
6) Week Two of Preparedness in September - Imagine public safety and ourselves trying to operate without any electricity, cell phones, internet access or landline telephones for more than 24 Hours.
A natural disaster, or a structured, well-planned and executed attack on the Infrastructure would be devastating for an extended period. We now have a populace who are in the dark, no electricity, no way of getting information, unable to communicate with loved ones.
They begin to panic and call 911- and there's no answer. What would you do? Could you Manage? Hendricks County ARES
is proclaiming this month as
" REPAREDNESS" month.
We encourage you to
take time this month to devise a plan and execute the plan with a Drill/Exercise for yourselves and your Family.
..More Next Week
7) The S.E.T. (Simulated Emergency Test) for this year will be on October 18, 2014. There will be warning announcements on the 147.165 MHz and 147.015 MHz repeaters at 9:15am and 9:30am. Listeners will be instructed of what frequency to monitor for further information. The S.E.T. will begin at 10am. The emergency scenario will be announced at a later time. All Amateurs are encouraged to participate.
8) The Hendricks County Amateur Radio Community along with the Hendricks County Commissioners and the Hendricks County Sheriff's Department will hosting the 26th Annual Amateur Radio and Volunteers Award Night on November 19, 2014 at 7pm. at the Hendricks County Government Center located at 355 South Washington St. in Danville.
The meeting will be held in the large conference room. If you would like to nominate for an award you can contact Ron Burke, KB9DJA, at firstname.lastname@example.org, Ken Kayler, KC9SQD, at email@example.com or Jay Wright, KK9L, at 317-203-3335.
Please give a brief description of why you think your nominee should receive an award. Please include your nominee's name, call sign, phone number, and e-mail address when you submit your nomination.
Ken Kayler, KC9SQD, along with the American Legion Post 118, will be Honoring our Silent Keys.
*NOTE* If anyone has a comment or would to add something to the ARES Net News. Please feel free to contact Ken Kayler at 317-874-7068 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Website Additions & Updates:
08/03/2014 - Corrected frequency for S.E.T.
08/-6/2014 - Updated 2014Hamfest List
08/09/2014 - Added Ham-er Special Weather Edition Vol 1 to Documents page
08/20/2014 - Added more to Documents page
08/29/2014 - Updated Radio Programmed Frequency List in Documents section. ( THIS IS FOR ALL ARES & RACES MEMBERS )
08/31/2014 - Added 6 more content to Documents page
09-02-2014 - Updated Weekly E-Net News ( ABOVE )
09-09-2014 - Updated Weekly E-Net News ( ABOVE )
09-13-2014 - Revised Weekly E-Net News ( ABOVE )
© 2011 - 2014 Hendricks County Amateur Radio Emergency Service
Webmaster: Bill Gouge
- AA9EG - webmaster(at)hendricksares.org