Ron Burke, KB9DJA
Hendricks County ARES
ARRL Indiana Section
Central Indiana SkyWarn
Emergency Plan ( 2015 )
Items For Sale
HCARES on FaceBook
HC ARES Sign-up Info
HC ARES on Twitter
Hamfests for 2015 Ham'er Newsletter NEWEST Hendricks County ARS
Hendricks County RACES
Items For Sale
Severe WX - NWS
FCC Pt 97 Radio Rules
FCC Data Lookup (ULS)
FEMA NIMS Courses
Tippecanoe Cnty ARES
Vigo County EmComm
Ron Burke, KB9DJA, was nominated for the 2014 Technical Exelence Award given by the Indianapolis Radio Club Council (IRCC). Click HERE for details
Ron Burke, KB9DJA, IRCC Outstanding Amateur of the Year
award recipient for 2014. You can click HERE for a picture of the award presentation. Click HERE for a close-up image of the award. Congratulations Ron!!!
Weekly E-Net News
March 24, 2015 -
UPDATE: Congratulations to new Hams ! (SEE BELOW)
1) The 32nd Annual Columbus Hamfest sponsored by the Columbus Amateur
Radio Club will be on Saturday March 28, 2015. Activities start at 8am and end at Noon. The hamfest will be at the
Bartholomew County Fairgrounds Community Building, located at 750 County
Road 200 S. in Columbus, Indiana. General Admission will be $5.00 at the door.
Eight foot tables are $8.00. Vendor setup will be on Friday March 27th from 6pm to
8pm and on Saturday Morning starting at 6am. Talk-in will be on the 146.790 MHz
(-600 KHz Offset) with a PL-Tone of 103.5 Hz. For Registration or more
information contact Matthew Bruner, KC9BWO, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone
2) ) For a list of 2015 hamfests, click on the link at the top left side of this page. The list will be expanded as information becomes available.
3) On April 16th Wayne Fox, KE9P, will be hosting the monthly Hendricks Regional Health Hospital Simplex Net on 147.570 MHz. Bill Gouge, AA9EG, will be hosting the IU West Hospital Simplex Net also on 147.570 MHz. The Net starts at 9:30 am. This Net is to check the radio performance and capability on a simplex frequency throughout Hendricks County as well as surrounding counties from both Hendricks Regional Health and I-U West hospitals. When called upon during an emergency or disaster, these stations will be a valuable asset to Hendricks County. All ARES members and non-members are encouraged to check-in.
4) On April 21, 2015 Jay Wright, KK9L, will be hosting the Monthly ARES Tuesday Night Simplex Net on the 146.570 MHz. The net starts at 8pm - right after the regular Tuesday Night ARES Net. This net is to check the performance and capability of our radios in Hendricks County as well as surrounding counties when called upon during an emergency or disaster. All ARES Members and Amateurs are "highly" encouraged to participate.
5) It is that time of year again!!! The Hendricks County ARES Leadership needs to
update the records. Let us know if you are a member of Hendricks County ARES and have experienced a change in he past year of license class, address, phone number, NIMS Certifications, added a base, portable or mobile radio. We also need to know if you operating privileges have changed to give you access to HF frequencies. Please email Ken Kayler
KC9SQD at email@example.com with this new information so he will be
able to modify the records.
On-Air Announcements made during the Tuesday Night Net
From Tom Hansen WA9YI, Training Coordinator
Training News – changes this week :
** 1 ** The First Aid training class will not occur this Saturday. We are looking at new dates in April.
** 2 ** The status of the April 11 class on damage assessment is still tentative. There is work underway on a Hendricks County class with the "long version" of this training, which takes 8 to 16 hours. We hope to have an update for next week’s net.
** 3 ** Remember that beginning April 1, you will no longer be able to use your Social Security number to take the on-line tests for your NIMS certification. There is a link to the new procedure at the top of the page, if you visit training.fema.gov.
** 4 ** There is a nice training opportunity on HF bands on April 19, for those of you first licensed in 2013 and later. The Rookie Roundup, single-sideband version, is explained on the arrl.org web site. This is a relaxed and fun event and I urge you to check it out – rookies can work anyone, and non-rookies can work rookies to help them learn the ropes. With a Tech license, you can be on 10 meters. Perhaps there’s a way we can match up members who want to participate but don’t have the right rig, with those who do have a HF radio.
*NOTE* If anyone has a comment or would to add something to the ARES Net News. Please feel free to contact Ken Kayler
at 317-874-7068 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to new Hams !
The following people received their ham ticket following the passing their exam(s) during the Hendricks County Ham Radio Technician Class of 2015.
* Don Somerville KD9DHJ
* John Shultheis KD9DHK
* Josh Shultheis KD9DHL
* John R "Jack"Segner KD9DHM
* John M Segner KD9DHN
* Denise Patchett KD9DHO
* Gedi (Gediminas) Marcinkevicius KD9DHP
* Lana Lytle KD9DHQ
* Paul Haiducu KD9DHR
Paul Archer KD9DHS
* Charles Davis KD9DHT *** Went on to pass his General test
* Matthew Barringer KD9DHU *** Went on to pass his General test
To the best of my knowledge, not only was this class our biggest (amount of people) in training attendance, (12) but also the biggest group that ever passed their Technician exam in Hendricks County in one evening.
This class had 19 inrolled, but some were not in attendance all of the way through.
Congratulations to everyone who made this possible..........
A special round of thanks to Rhonda Curtis, W9SH, for her help in making this a success.
Something to be proud of.....
73, Ron Burke, KB9DJA
Recent Website Additions & Updates:
03-08-2015 - Added "Sound card data modes and NBEMS"
to documents page.
This website was updated on
© 2011 - 2015 Hendricks County Amateur Radio Emergency Service
Webmaster: Bill Gouge
- AA9EG - email@example.com
Links to this website may be used without obtaining permission
Web hosting is provided by HCRCSG, Inc
Hendricks County Amateur Radio Society club meetings:2nd Monday of each month. HC Government Center at 7:00pm (except holidays - meeting will be held at HC Senior Services Center)
ARES Net is held every Tuesday at 7:30pm on 147.015 MHz
Weak signals can get into the repeater better when transmitting a 123.0 Hz tone. However, a tone is NOT required.
RACES and SkyWarn Nets are called as needed - 147.165 MHz
Hospital Radio Nets are on 147.570 MHz simplex at 9:30am. All Hams are invited to participate. The next Hpspital Net will be on January 15, 2015.
DID YOU KNOW...
This website can be viewed on a mobile device? Just "pinch & zoom" to enlarge content and "swipe" to navigate the pages.
When viewing on a desktop or laptop computer, hold down the <CTRL> key and press the + or - keys to zoom in or out. Use the + & - keys just below the function keys. Pressing <CTRL>0 returns the screen back to the default size.
ARES Press Coverage
Flyer Group newspaper about the Feb 14th Brownsburg Hamfest. You can check it out in the printed version, or click HERE for the on-line version.
American Legion magazine, March edition page 32. You can access the article by ckicking HERE.