Ron Burke, KB9DJA
Hendricks County ARES
Ron Burke, KB9DJA, was nominated for the 2014 Technical Excellence Award given by the Indianapolis Radio Club Council (IRCC). Click HERE for details
Ron Burke, KB9DJA, IRCC Outstanding Amateur of the Year
award recipient for 2014. You can click HERE for a picture of the award presentation. Click HERE for a close-up image of the award. Congratulations Ron !
HOMEPAGE QUICK - LINKS
Our thanks to these supporters of Amateur Radio in Hendricks County
- When you patronize our supporters, please mention that you heard about them on this website
May 24, 2016
1) Remember the Hendricks ARES digital net next Tuesday, May 31st, at 8 p.m., right after the regular 2 meter net. Operations are at 3.585 MHz. See details at the end of the emailed Net News for help in getting set up to participate.
2) An operating event in June should be on your calendar – that date is Saturday, June 11th, when HCARS will be sponsoring special event station K9W. This operation is part of the Indiana bicentennial celebration, and honors Adrian Parsons of Avon, who first brought soybean cultivation to Hendricks County.
3) Remember also that Field Day is Saturday and Sunday, June 25th and 26th. HCARS operations will be at Avon United Methodist Church in Avon, just west of Kroger. More details on both events in coming weeks.
4) Now that the Dayton Hamvention is history, the next hamfest in the area will be in July, with the Indianapolis Hamfest. Be sure to note the new tailgate in Danville on August 13, sponsored by the Hendricks County Radio Communications Support Group which supports Hendricks County ARES. Access the on-line ordering form to purchase Advance Tickets. Check the hamfest link on hendricksares.org for details on more events.
5) A repeat performance during Field Day will be the New Ham Workshop, designed for the ham with a new license, anyone thinking about getting their first license. The free class will focus on getting on the air on UHF and VHF. This will be done with the assistance of the Indiana Elmer Network.
6) Yet another reminder: go to training.fema.gov/is and earn any of the National Incident Management System certifications that you do not already hold: 100b, 200b, 700a and 800b.
Please check back later for On-Air announcements.....
Please check back later for the latest Training News
» These titles, and many more, are on our
- Check it out «
BILL GOUGE, AA9EG - Webmaster
Recent Website Additions & Updates:
• Added latest edition of the HAM'ER newsletter • Updated ARES Leadership document •
• Added the Boy Scout 2015 JOTA Report ( Jamboree On The Air ) • Added Winter Weather Tips •
• Fixed problem with PayPal DONATE button • Updated Hamfest list • Changed "Homepage Quick Links" to buttons • Added link to the Indiana ARRL Section Newsletter• Added script for Tuesday Night 2-Meter ARES Net (documents section)
• 04-11-2016 : Added the Apr-May-Jun issue of the HAM'ER newsletter
• Added 2016 HC ARES Emergency Plan to website
Your business can support Amateur Radio too !
We display our business supporter's logo and a link to their website.
E-mail us for details
Or you can donate to HCRCSG to support Amateur Radio Emergency Communications in Hendricks County
Who is HCRCSG
© 2011 - 2016 Hendricks County Amateur Radio Emergency Service
Webmaster: Bill Gouge
- AA9EG - firstname.lastname@example.org
Web hosting is provided by HCRCSG, Inc
Hendricks County Amateur Radio Society club meetings: 2nd Monday of each month. HC Government Center at 7:00pm
ARES Net is held every Tuesday at 7:30pm on 147.015 MHz
Weak signals can get into the repeater better when transmitting a 123.0 Hz tone. However, a tone is NOT required.
RACES and SkyWarn Nets are called as needed - 147.165 MHz
Hospital Radio Nets are on 147.570 MHz simplex at 9:30am. All Hams are invited to participate.
DID YOU KNOW
This website can be viewed on a mobile device? Just "pinch & zoom" to enlarge content and "swipe" to navigate the pages.
When viewing on a desktop or laptop computer, hold down the <CTRL> key and press the + or - keys to zoom in or out. Use the + & - keys just below the function keys. Pressing <CTRL>0 returns the screen back to the default size.
ARES Press Coverage
Flyer Group newspaper about the Feb 14th Brownsburg Hamfest. You can check it out in the printed version, or click HERE for the on-line version.
American Legion magazine, March edition page 32. You can access the article by ckicking HERE.