Ron Burke, KB9DJA
Hendricks County ARES
Ron Burke, KB9DJA, was nominated for the 2014 Technical Excellence Award given by the Indianapolis Radio Club Council (IRCC). Click HERE for details
Ron Burke, KB9DJA, IRCC Outstanding Amateur of the Year
award recipient for 2014. You can click HERE for a picture of the award presentation. Click HERE for a close-up image of the award. Congratulations Ron !
HOMEPAGE QUICK - LINKS
Our thanks to these supporters of Amateur Radio in Hendricks County
- When you patronize our supporters, please mention that you heard about them on this website
June 28, 2016
1) The next hamfest in the area will be the Indianapolis Hamfest, held on July 8th and 9th. Their website, indyhamfest.com, has all of the details.
2) Be sure to note the new tailgate in Danville on August 13th, sponsored by the Hendricks County Radio Communications Support Group (HCRCSG) which supports Hendricks County ARES. You can click on this link: http://hcrcsg.org/tailgate.html, to access the on-line ordering form topurchase Advance Tickets. For details on more events, check the hamfests link onhendricksares.org website.
3) The next 2-meter hospital simplex net will be the third Thursday of July, on the twenty-first. The hospital nets are always at 9:30 a.m., on 147.570 megahertz. This monthly check of radios at Hendricks and IU West hospitals is an important part of being ready during an emergency. It is a great opportunity to see how well your portable or mobile rig works on simplex.
4) The second frequency-change exercise of the summer will be next Tuesday during this net. It will make use of one of our simpelx frequencies, either 147.570 MHz or 145.555 MHz. Be sure you have them programmed in your radio, and know how to enter them on the fly.
5) If you have not already done so, please go to training.fema.gov/is and earn any of the National Incident Management System certifications that you do not already hold: 100b, 200b, 700a and 800b. The new ARES ID card color and wording reflect the NIMS Certification status of the member. NIMS Certification is required for deployment to certain locations during an emergency or disaster.
REMINDER: Wayne, AC9HP, has announced that the next Hendricks ARES digital net will be in July after one of our weekly nets and will be on 80 Meters and all hams are encouraged to participate. If you need help setting up your HF equipment ahead of time, please contact Wayne AC9HP@arrl.net for assistance. We will use different modes each month, starting with PSK then moving to other digital modes like Olivia MKS63. We will also experiment with RMS Express and WinMor. Specific dates and times will be announced on the facebook page, the hendricksares.org website, and in future weekly ARES nets, so be on the lookout.
73, please join us next Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. for the weekly Hendricks County ARES 2-meter net on 147.015 MHz.
Please check back later for the latest Training News
» These titles, and many more, are on our
- Check it out «
BILL GOUGE, AA9EG - Webmaster
Recent Website Additions & Updates:
• Added latest edition of the HAM'ER newsletter • Updated ARES Leadership document •
• Added the Boy Scout 2015 JOTA Report ( Jamboree On The Air ) • Added Winter Weather Tips •
• Fixed problem with PayPal DONATE button • Updated Hamfest list • Changed "Homepage Quick Links" to buttons • Added link to the Indiana ARRL Section Newsletter• Added script for Tuesday Night 2-Meter ARES Net (documents section)
• 04-11-2016 : Added the Apr-May-Jun issue of the HAM'ER newsletter
• Added 2016 HC ARES Emergency Plan to website
Your business can support Amateur Radio too !
We display our business supporter's logo and a link to their website.
E-mail us for details
Or you can donate to HCRCSG to support Amateur Radio Emergency Communications in Hendricks County
Who is HCRCSG
© 2011 - 2016 Hendricks County Amateur Radio Emergency Service
Webmaster: Bill Gouge
- AA9EG - firstname.lastname@example.org
Web hosting is provided by HCRCSG, Inc
Hendricks County Amateur Radio Society club meetings: 2nd Monday of each month. HC Government Center at 7:00pm
ARES Net is held every Tuesday at 7:30pm on 147.015 MHz
Weak signals can get into the repeater better when transmitting a 123.0 Hz tone. However, a tone is NOT required.
RACES and SkyWarn Nets are called as needed - 147.165 MHz
Hospital Radio Nets are on 147.570 MHz simplex at 9:30am. All Hams are invited to participate.
DID YOU KNOW
This website can be viewed on a mobile device? Just "pinch & zoom" to enlarge content and "swipe" to navigate the pages.
When viewing on a desktop or laptop computer, hold down the <CTRL> key and press the + or - keys to zoom in or out. Use the + & - keys just below the function keys. Pressing <CTRL>0 returns the screen back to the default size.
ARES Press Coverage
Flyer Group newspaper about the Feb 14th Brownsburg Hamfest. You can check it out in the printed version, or click HERE for the on-line version.
American Legion magazine, March edition page 32. You can access the article by ckicking HERE.