October 28, 2014
1) There will be no Hospital Simplex Nets for the months of November and December, due to the hollidays. The Nets will resume in January 2015.
2) INDY SPECIAL EVENT STATION --
The Indianapolis based American Legion Amateur Radio Club will operate as a Special Event Station with the call of W9L. The station will operate from 9am to 4pm EST on Tuesday November 11, 2014. "Veterans Day Salute". Operations will be on 20 meters at 14.275 MHz USB +/- 5KHz - IRLP Node 4816. In Central Indaina they will also be on 146.460 MHz (simplex) or the 145.170 MHz repeater located in Hamilton County. After working the W9L, send a self addressed
9x12 envelope for a Full Color Commemorative Certificate to the American Legion Amateur Radio Club 700 N. Pennsylvania
Street Indianapolis, In. 46204.
For more information go to www.legion.org/hamradio.
3) On November 11th Mike Rollins, WA9NCF, will host a Simplex Net on 147.570 MHz simplex starting at 8pm - right after the weekly Tuesday Night ARES Net. This is a very important net where we are testing our radio's capabilities and performance in case of an emergency. All ARES members and all amateurs are encouraged to participate.
4) The 42nd Annual Fort Wayne Hamfest and Computer Expo will be on November 15th & 16th this year. As usual, it will be held at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum Exposition Center. It is located at 4000 Parnell Avenue. This is on the corner of Coliseum BLVD. (IND 930) and Parnell Avenue. This is an indoor event with 73,000 SQ. FT. of indoor space. All 8ft tables are $25 for Flea Market, $30 with electricity, and $50 for Premium Spots. Admission
is $6 for both Saturday & Sunday or $4 for Sunday only. Children 11 and under are free with an adult. Coliseum parking is $5 per vehicle. Talk-in will be
on the 146.880 with a negative shift. For more information you can write to (ACARTS / Fort Wayne Hamfest) at P.O. Box 10342 Fort Wayne, In. 46851-0342 or call 260-579-2196 and leave a message.
5) For a full list of upcoming Hamfests, click on the "2014 Hamfests" link at the left side of our home page. There you will find a full listing of upcoming hamfest, their locations and times for the year.
6) The Hendricks County Amateur Radio Community along with the Hendricks County Commissioners and the Hendricks County Sheriff's Department will hosting the 26th Annual Amateur Radio and Volunteers Award Night on November 19, 2014 at 7pm. at the Hendricks County Government Center located at 355 South Washington St. in Danville. The meeting will be held in the large conference room. The deadline for submitting nominations ended October 19th.
Ken Kayler, KC9SQD, along with the American Legion Post 118, will be honoring our Silent Keys. Bring your family out and see the Amateur Radio volunteers of Hendricks County.